Friday, March 30, 2012

No Login Required

Is it possible to create a folder of reports that do not require a log
in to execute? I would like to be able to put specific reports in a
open folder so that people can run them without login.
Thanks
BobOn May 4, 12:12 pm, Bob <b...@.ebearings.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to create a folder of reports that do not require a log
> in to execute? I would like to be able to put specific reports in a
> open folder so that people can run them without login.
> Thanks
> Bob
You can select the folder, then press properties> Security. You can
add users there. There is a catch though because different Reporting
Servers work in different ways. Now, my company uses Windows Login
for the Reporting Server. Previously, this was separate and everyone
had a separate account for RptServ, SQLServ, and all other tools.
Just add the users under the security tab, make sure they're BROWSERS
otherwise you may go back to the folder and find it... blank.|||On May 4, 11:34 am, Ayman <ayma...@.gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 4, 12:12 pm, Bob <b...@.ebearings.com> wrote:
> > Is it possible to create a folder of reports that do not require a log
> > in to execute? I would like to be able to put specific reports in a
> > open folder so that people can run them without login.
> > Thanks
> > Bob
> You can select the folder, then press properties> Security. You can
> add users there. There is a catch though because different Reporting
> Servers work in different ways. Now, my company uses Windows Login
> for the Reporting Server. Previously, this was separate and everyone
> had a separate account for RptServ, SQLServ, and all other tools.
> Just add the users under the security tab, make sure they're BROWSERS
> otherwise you may go back to the folder and find it... blank.
Thanks, but right when I iopen my browser on my desktop and point to
the folder, I get login required. I am actually trying t use the
following logic and not even go to the report server.
http://rpt-serv/ReportServer?/sales%2fC+of+C&shipnum=2022222&rs:Format=PDF
If I put this in a browser, I can get my report output in .pdf format,
without going to the webpage. I would just like to retreive this
report without stopping for a login prompt. If I could do that, then
I can write a front end prompt in my app.
Enter ship number [1234544]
Make sense?
Bob
http://rpt-serv/ReportServer?/sales%2fC+of+C&shipnum=[variable
ship_no]&rs:Format=PDF|||On May 4, 12:56 pm, Bob <b...@.ebearings.com> wrote:
> On May 4, 11:34 am, Ayman <ayma...@.gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On May 4, 12:12 pm, Bob <b...@.ebearings.com> wrote:
> > > Is it possible to create a folder of reports that do not require a log
> > > in to execute? I would like to be able to put specific reports in a
> > > open folder so that people can run them without login.
> > > Thanks
> > > Bob
> > You can select the folder, then press properties> Security. You can
> > add users there. There is a catch though because different Reporting
> > Servers work in different ways. Now, my company uses Windows Login
> > for the Reporting Server. Previously, this was separate and everyone
> > had a separate account for RptServ, SQLServ, and all other tools.
> > Just add the users under the security tab, make sure they're BROWSERS
> > otherwise you may go back to the folder and find it... blank.
> Thanks, but right when I iopen my browser on my desktop and point to
> the folder, I get login required. I am actually trying t use the
> following logic and not even go to the report server.http://rpt-serv/ReportServer?/sales%2fC+of+C&shipnum=2022222&rs:Forma...
> If I put this in a browser, I can get my report output in .pdf format,
> without going to the webpage. I would just like to retreive this
> report without stopping for a login prompt. If I could do that, then
> I can write a front end prompt in my app.
> Enter ship number [1234544]
> Make sense?
> Bobhttp://rpt-serv/ReportServer?/sales%2fC+of+C&shipnum=[variable
> ship_no]&rs:Format=PDF
I understand, you want the entire ReportServer not to have a login.
Here our's is passed through by Windows Accounts... so we never get
the login screen. Our DBA is out, I'll try to figure it out with him
on Monday and let you know. I'm sure if you can do a Windows
Authentication pass then there is a way to just keep it open to anyone
who is on your Intranet.|||On May 4, 12:11 pm, Ayman <ayma...@.gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 4, 12:56 pm, Bob <b...@.ebearings.com> wrote:
>
>
> > On May 4, 11:34 am, Ayman <ayma...@.gmail.com> wrote:
> > > On May 4, 12:12 pm, Bob <b...@.ebearings.com> wrote:
> > > > Is it possible to create a folder of reports that do not require a log
> > > > in to execute? I would like to be able to put specific reports in a
> > > > open folder so that people can run them without login.
> > > > Thanks
> > > > Bob
> > > You can select the folder, then press properties> Security. You can
> > > add users there. There is a catch though because different Reporting
> > > Servers work in different ways. Now, my company uses Windows Login
> > > for the Reporting Server. Previously, this was separate and everyone
> > > had a separate account for RptServ, SQLServ, and all other tools.
> > > Just add the users under the security tab, make sure they're BROWSERS
> > > otherwise you may go back to the folder and find it... blank.
> > Thanks, but right when I iopen my browser on my desktop and point to
> > the folder, I get login required. I am actually trying t use the
> > following logic and not even go to the report server.http://rpt-serv/ReportServer?/sales%2fC+of+C&shipnum=2022222&rs:Forma...
> > If I put this in a browser, I can get my report output in .pdf format,
> > without going to the webpage. I would just like to retreive this
> > report without stopping for a login prompt. If I could do that, then
> > I can write a front end prompt in my app.
> > Enter ship number [1234544]
> > Make sense?
> > Bobhttp://rpt-serv/ReportServer?/sales%2fC+of+C&shipnum=[variable
> > ship_no]&rs:Format=PDF
> I understand, you want the entire ReportServer not to have a login.
> Here our's is passed through by Windows Accounts... so we never get
> the login screen. Our DBA is out, I'll try to figure it out with him
> on Monday and let you know. I'm sure if you can do a Windows
> Authentication pass then there is a way to just keep it open to anyone
> who is on your Intranet.- Hide quoted text -
> - Show quoted text -
Thanks, I appreciate it.|||On May 4, 1:25 pm, Bob <b...@.ebearings.com> wrote:
> On May 4, 12:11 pm, Ayman <ayma...@.gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On May 4, 12:56 pm, Bob <b...@.ebearings.com> wrote:
> > > On May 4, 11:34 am, Ayman <ayma...@.gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > On May 4, 12:12 pm, Bob <b...@.ebearings.com> wrote:
> > > > > Is it possible to create a folder of reports that do not require a log
> > > > > in to execute? I would like to be able to put specific reports in a
> > > > > open folder so that people can run them without login.
> > > > > Thanks
> > > > > Bob
> > > > You can select the folder, then press properties> Security. You can
> > > > add users there. There is a catch though because different Reporting
> > > > Servers work in different ways. Now, my company uses Windows Login
> > > > for the Reporting Server. Previously, this was separate and everyone
> > > > had a separate account for RptServ, SQLServ, and all other tools.
> > > > Just add the users under the security tab, make sure they're BROWSERS
> > > > otherwise you may go back to the folder and find it... blank.
> > > Thanks, but right when I iopen my browser on my desktop and point to
> > > the folder, I get login required. I am actually trying t use the
> > > following logic and not even go to the report server.http://rpt-serv/ReportServer?/sales%2fC+of+C&shipnum=2022222&rs:Forma...
> > > If I put this in a browser, I can get my report output in .pdf format,
> > > without going to the webpage. I would just like to retreive this
> > > report without stopping for a login prompt. If I could do that, then
> > > I can write a front end prompt in my app.
> > > Enter ship number [1234544]
> > > Make sense?
> > > Bobhttp://rpt-serv/ReportServer?/sales%2fC+of+C&shipnum=[variable
> > > ship_no]&rs:Format=PDF
> > I understand, you want the entire ReportServer not to have a login.
> > Here our's is passed through by Windows Accounts... so we never get
> > the login screen. Our DBA is out, I'll try to figure it out with him
> > on Monday and let you know. I'm sure if you can do a Windows
> > Authentication pass then there is a way to just keep it open to anyone
> > who is on your Intranet.- Hide quoted text -
> > - Show quoted text -
> Thanks, I appreciate it.
Sorry for the late reply, this may help:
http://odetocode.com/Articles/216.aspxsql

No comments:

Post a Comment