Wednesday, March 28, 2012

No entries show up in SQL Server Profiler trace

Hi,
I have inherited a SQL Server 2000 machine with 59 databases on it,
several of which I suspect are no longer used.
I am setting up a SQL Profiler trace to show me which databases are
still being accessed, and by which machine/user.
There are 4 other SQL Servers in use here, too, running SQL Server 6.5,
7, 2000 and 2005.
The problem I'm encountering is this:
I start the Profiler trace on SQL Server machine A
>From my local machine's Query Analyzer, I then query a table in one of
the suspect databases on machine A, via a linked server entry in my
local SQL Server instance
None of this query activity against the database is logged in Profiler
on machine A
What am I missing?
Thanks in advance-
JasonI figured it out. I am now monitoring the event class "Security
Audit->Audit Object Persmission Event", and bringing back the data
columns ObjectName, LoginName, and Hostname to know what's being looked
at, by whom, and from what machine.
JasonReber@.gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I have inherited a SQL Server 2000 machine with 59 databases on it,
> several of which I suspect are no longer used.
> I am setting up a SQL Profiler trace to show me which databases are
> still being accessed, and by which machine/user.
> There are 4 other SQL Servers in use here, too, running SQL Server 6.5,
> 7, 2000 and 2005.
> The problem I'm encountering is this:
> I start the Profiler trace on SQL Server machine A
> >From my local machine's Query Analyzer, I then query a table in one of
> the suspect databases on machine A, via a linked server entry in my
> local SQL Server instance
> None of this query activity against the database is logged in Profiler
> on machine A
> What am I missing?
> Thanks in advance-
> Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment