Friday, March 30, 2012

No Item showed

Hi gurus

I have sql server 2000 that was working fine until today(figures), today I opened EM and under sql server group where used to be all my information now there is NO ITEM, nothing shows(database,Nothing) The server is working as I had no complaints from my user on data not been saved or getting data from but its strange that I can not see all my info like I used to.- If I go into sql query analizer, it ask me to connect to local which I do and I can see all my databases from there but once I close that window ,on my EM nothing shows.

I checked all services andevery one of them seems to be up and runnig

Thanks forall the help I can get

Hello,

Sounds like you just need to re-register your server(s).

On the top-level group (sounds like the only group in your case) called "Microsoft SQL Server" right-click and select "New SQL Server Group" Call the group whatever you want. Then, on the newly created group, right-click again and select "New SQL Server Registration". Then enter your server and authentication details. Once done, you'll then be able to expand the server and see all the objects etc.

Cheers,
Rob

|||

R

Thanks for the prompt reply.- I have tried to do that but I get the message the sql group already exist, what I did to resolve the problem was restart the sql service and everything came up, I dont know if it was the right thing to do but it helped

Thank a bunch for the reply.-

No comments:

Post a Comment