Monday, March 26, 2012

No Email

Hello.
I have created a domain account, granted the account Administrator access on
the report server machine, have changed the two windows services to run as
that account, and have created an Exchange mailbox for the domain account.
I created a simple report that has no data source. I created a shared
calendar that runs every 1 minute. I subscribed to the report on that
schedule, no report.
The report is not being emailed.
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance,
MikeAlso, SQL server instance is on a different machine.
I don't think that the report is even running. Does reporting services use
the SQL agent?
"mike" <milop@.slomins.com> wrote in message
news:Or03HXtuFHA.2076@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Hello.
> I have created a domain account, granted the account Administrator access
> on the report server machine, have changed the two windows services to run
> as that account, and have created an Exchange mailbox for the domain
> account.
> I created a simple report that has no data source. I created a shared
> calendar that runs every 1 minute. I subscribed to the report on that
> schedule, no report.
> The report is not being emailed.
> Any thoughts?
> Thanks in advance,
> Mike
>|||No,Mike it does not.
"mike" wrote:
> Also, SQL server instance is on a different machine.
> I don't think that the report is even running. Does reporting services use
> the SQL agent?
> "mike" <milop@.slomins.com> wrote in message
> news:Or03HXtuFHA.2076@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> > Hello.
> >
> > I have created a domain account, granted the account Administrator access
> > on the report server machine, have changed the two windows services to run
> > as that account, and have created an Exchange mailbox for the domain
> > account.
> >
> > I created a simple report that has no data source. I created a shared
> > calendar that runs every 1 minute. I subscribed to the report on that
> > schedule, no report.
> >
> > The report is not being emailed.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Mike
> >
>
>|||As Per my knowledge an SQL Agent job is created for each schedule. SQL Server
Agent is very much required to run the Scheduled SRS Reports.
Ashish
"ProJester" wrote:
> No,Mike it does not.
>
> "mike" wrote:
> > Also, SQL server instance is on a different machine.
> >
> > I don't think that the report is even running. Does reporting services use
> > the SQL agent?
> >
> > "mike" <milop@.slomins.com> wrote in message
> > news:Or03HXtuFHA.2076@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> > > Hello.
> > >
> > > I have created a domain account, granted the account Administrator access
> > > on the report server machine, have changed the two windows services to run
> > > as that account, and have created an Exchange mailbox for the domain
> > > account.
> > >
> > > I created a simple report that has no data source. I created a shared
> > > calendar that runs every 1 minute. I subscribed to the report on that
> > > schedule, no report.
> > >
> > > The report is not being emailed.
> > >
> > > Any thoughts?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance,
> > >
> > > Mike
> > >
> >
> >
> >sql

No comments:

Post a Comment