Wednesday, March 28, 2012

NO Guru to help me???

This is the remainder of Setting of database Dynamically to crystalreport
is it possible to set database (Oracle 9i) by front end VB6
dynamically to crystal reports
if Yes, How ?
thats all for nowHi, let me know if you are still looking for the solution of this problem ?|||hi

still I am waiting for the solution

can U help Me ?

THANKS|||Hi Vaibhav,

I have done it in PowerBuilder backend MS Sql server. From crystal's point of view it should be the same. I would like to understand the way you are doing it rightnow. If you could provide me sample code that would be great. According to me it's a very basic problem of Crystal ( switching of database and relevant tables) .

Thanks|||Hi
Thankx For reply

Actually i am having 100+reports
for all the Reports I am connecting my database through Set database option from crystal

if any time I wants to chage the database user for all the reports I have to change through set database option

Is there any easy to cchange the database user From VB 6.0

thanks and regards
vaibhav|||Hello Vaibhav,

This is how we have designed it in our app.

As soon as user logs in we store his UseID, Password and Database in session.

While retrieving report we reset connection object using following commands :

g_ole_crx_connection_info.deleteAll

// Add new connection
g_ole_crx_connection_info.add("DSN", "Xtreme Sample Database 9")
g_ole_crx_connection_info.add("Database", "C:\Program Files\Crystal Decisions\Crystal Reports 9\Samples\En\Databases\xtreme.mdb from session")
g_ole_crx_connection_info.add("User ID", "UID from session")
g_ole_crx_connection_info.add("Password", "PWD from session")

// Verify the database.
g_ole_crx_report.database.Verify

This of course is a PowerBuilder code but do u already have something like this in your VB application ? and is this acceptable ?

Thanks
:confused:

No comments:

Post a Comment