Wednesday, March 28, 2012

No Enterprise Manager after install

I've installed MSDE Release Candidate on XP Pro successfully and the server
starts. However, I can't find the Server Enterprise Manager anywhere. Help!
It does appear on the MMC and I don't have any SQL groups on my menu after
the install.
Hi
MSDE does not come with EM. All you have is OSQL, the command line tool.
Any reason you are using MSDE 2000 RC? That is no longer supported as it was
a beta.
Regards
Mike Epprecht, Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Zurich, Switzerland
IM: mike@.epprecht.net
MVP Program: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/epprecht/
"cometlucky" <cometlucky@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:5898C5A7-2F5B-4AEB-AC33-DAE6A12FB1FE@.microsoft.com...
> I've installed MSDE Release Candidate on XP Pro successfully and the
> server
> starts. However, I can't find the Server Enterprise Manager anywhere.
> Help!
> It does appear on the MMC and I don't have any SQL groups on my menu after
> the install.

No comments:

Post a Comment