Wednesday, March 28, 2012

No instance of SQL Server under MSDE installation

Hi all,
after successfully completing the installation of a
downloaded copy of MSDE for VS.Net things are
not working at all.
I was having trouble with my VS.Net installation so I
uninstalled VS.Net and MSDE.
I have installed MSDE several times today and each
time I can not see the instance name of the installation.
I have removed any existing directories, cleared the
obvious things from the registry, changed the instance
name and even chosen different target and data
directories to try and solve the problem. The service
seems to have started correctly, but I do not get
a green play icon in the system tray at the bottom of
the screen. When i open the server manager I
can not see the server running at all.
I do not know what to do next. Does anyone have any
ideas as to what what be causing this problem?
Many thanks for your assistance in helping me to
solve this problem.
Regards,
Jason.
Please ignore this post. I was just to impatient to wait
for all the services, etc to start.
All appears to be OK now.
Thanks.
On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 18:40:13 +0100, JJ <jason@.nospam.divemaster.org>
wrote:

>Hi all,
>after successfully completing the installation of a
>downloaded copy of MSDE for VS.Net things are
>not working at all.
>I was having trouble with my VS.Net installation so I
>uninstalled VS.Net and MSDE.
>I have installed MSDE several times today and each
>time I can not see the instance name of the installation.
>I have removed any existing directories, cleared the
>obvious things from the registry, changed the instance
>name and even chosen different target and data
>directories to try and solve the problem. The service
>seems to have started correctly, but I do not get
>a green play icon in the system tray at the bottom of
>the screen. When i open the server manager I
>can not see the server running at all.
>I do not know what to do next. Does anyone have any
>ideas as to what what be causing this problem?
>Many thanks for your assistance in helping me to
>solve this problem.
>Regards,
>Jason.

No comments:

Post a Comment