Wednesday, March 28, 2012

No history information for jobs

Hi All,
When I right click on some jobs in sql server and select view job history, s
ometimes I get "There is no history information for this job". I was able to
see job history few hours/days back. I have not cleared logs nor restarted
the box. But still i am not
able to see any history information. I can however see history information o
n other jobs. Can you tell me why is sql server wiping of job history inform
ation for some jobs. What can i do to prevent it?
Regards,
PROHave you tried increasing the values in SQLAgent-->Properties-->Job
System tab? Look at the Maximum job history log size(rows) and Maximum
job history rows per job values. See if that works for you.
Mark Allison, SQL Server MVP
PRashanth wrote:

> Hi All,
> When I right click on some jobs in sql server and select view job history, sometim
es I get "There is no history information for this job". I was able to see job histo
ry few hours/days back. I have not cleared logs nor restarted the box. But still i a
m n
ot able to see any history information. I can however see history information on other jobs
. Can you tell me why is sql server wiping of job history information for some jobs. What c
an i do to prevent it?
> Regards,
> PRO|||Hi Mark,
Thank you very much for your reply. The current setting of my sql server
is Max. job history log size(rows): 500000
max job history rows per job: 1000
Also, i dont understand why there is no job history for only some of the
jobs
Regards,
PRO
*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.examnotes.net ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!|||--
|
| Hi Mark,
|
| Thank you very much for your reply. The current setting of my sql server
| is Max. job history log size(rows): 500000
| max job history rows per job: 1000
|
| Also, i dont understand why there is no job history for only some of the
| jobs
|
| Regards,
| PRO
--
It is possible that the job history of more frequently running jobs are
overwriting those of the less frequently running jobs. To address this,
increase your max job history log size and decrease your max job history
rows per job.
Hope this helps,
Eric Cardenas
SQL Server support

No comments:

Post a Comment