Wednesday, March 28, 2012

No full-text supported languages found in SQL Server Express with Advanced Services

I've downloaded SQL Server Express with Advanced Services from http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/sql/download/ and installed all components. When I try to create a full-text catalog, I get the following message:

No full-text supported languages found.

select * from sys.fulltext_languages
returns no lines.

How

can neutral, English or maybe Hungarian word breakers be installed?

Thanks

Hello Peter

Are you sure you installed Full Text Support option when installing SQL Express?

Thanks,

|||

I have just installed SQL 2005 Express with Advanced Services to test this out and it returns me all the languages fine :

lcid name

-- --

2052 Simplified Chinese

1028 Traditional Chinese

1031 German

2057 British English

1033 English

3082 Spanish

1036 French

1040 Italian

1041 Japanese

1042 Korean

0 Neutral

1043 Dutch

1053 Swedish

1054 Thai

3076 Chinese (Hong Kong SAR, PRC)

5124 Chinese (Macau SAR)

4100 Chinese (Singapore)

(17 row(s) affected)

Just make sure you have install Full Text Search option.

|||It was surely installed because msftesql.exe was running.

I reinstalled Sql Server Express with the following changes and now full-text search works:
- I use default instance instead of named instance
- IIS was enabled during installation
- The installation folder was selected so that to be different from the folder of previous installations.

Maybe the Sql Server 2005 wasn't removed correctly before installing Express and some components had conflict with each other. I don't know what the real reason was of the problem. The important thing is that now it works.|||

Hi,

I Have the same problem, i execute the T-sql statement select * from sys.fulltext_languages and i get zero rows, i uninstalled and installed again and nothing happend i still have zero when executing that statement, i try another computer and there evrything went fine!.. i do have Microsoft Net framework, and everything but i still can get this to work! help please!!!

|||Hello everybody, I am facing the same issue. It's really frustrating.
I have removed and reinstalled SQL Express 3 times, changed the installation path, but no hope.
I can't set it as the default instance since I'm using MSDE as default instance.
Any idea please?|||

Are you sure you actually installed FTS; this feature is not installed by default, you must specifically select it from the feature list. Open up the SQL Configuration Manager and look at the Services node to verify that SQL Server FullText Search is listed and running.

If it's not listed, you didn't install it and you'll need to go into maintenance mode and select it from the feature list to get it installed.

Mike

|||

Hi,

I am having a similar problem. How do I go to maintenance mode? I also can't find anything called "SQL Configuration Manager".

cheers,

Bernie

|||

Hello Mike and thanks for the reply.
Of course I have installed FTS and it's listed in the configuration manager.
This problem is driving me crazy, it has taken 3 days from the tight timeframe of my project and I didn't find any solution.
I have removed MSDE, removed everything related to MsSql from the registry, deleted the installation directory, used "Windows install clean up" and reinstalled SQL Express with FTS as default instance may be more than 5 times and no hope.
Is there any way to install these damn languages manually? in the registry or whatever.
May be the problem is that SQL Express (without Advanced services) was installed previously and some trace is kept in the registry.
I don't know!
Any idea is really appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment