Wednesday, March 28, 2012

No internet search findings

When doing a search I do not get any of the internet findings (Questions, MSDN Online, and CodeZone Community). Does anyone know why this happens?

There is an error message:

The request failed with HTTP status 407: Proxy Access Denied.

Is there a way around this?

I can access the internet in the Document Explorer.

Thanks,

Fred

It could be that your firewall settings are not letting the BOL client get to the Internet. Check to make sure the Books Online Client is allowed out of your firewall.

Buck Woody

|||

If I turn the firewall off I get the same message.

I can check this message on msdn in the Microsoft Document Viewer(MDV). It seems that MDV does not use the same access for the Search listings.

Is there any way around the proxy server for this function?

Fred

|||

Open Books Online, go to Tools in the menu bar and then Options, and then check the Web Settings at the bottom.

Buck

|||

I checked the Web Settings and they match my browsers settings.

I have a proxy server and the setting is correct in the Web Settings.

Does Books Online try to go around the proxy server?

Fred

|||

No, it uses the same settings. There must be something else going on, so you may want to open a service call about it.

Buck

|||Service Pack 2 fixes the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment