Friday, March 30, 2012

No items under SQL server group

Hi,
We're running SQL server 2000 standard edition on Windows 2003. I logged in
using my domain account which is member of an admin group. But in Enterprise
Manger, under SQL Server Group, I got 'no items'. How come? I used to be
able to use another domain account in the same admin group to log on and had
no problem. What did I miss?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Bing
Hi
"bing" wrote:

> Hi,
> We're running SQL server 2000 standard edition on Windows 2003. I logged in
> using my domain account which is member of an admin group. But in Enterprise
> Manger, under SQL Server Group, I got 'no items'. How come? I used to be
> able to use another domain account in the same admin group to log on and had
> no problem. What did I miss?
> Thanks in advance for any help.
> Bing
When you run SQL Server Enterprise Manager for the first time, it should
automatically registers all instances of a local SQL Server, but any
instances that are added afterwards will be not be automatically registered.
You must be on the server where the instance is installed for this to occur.
If you have removed the registration you will need to manually add it again.
Also check that the registry has not been changed/corrupted.
John

No comments:

Post a Comment